College of Health Solutions Convocation
Frequently Asked Questions for Fall 2021
Ceremonies and celebrations
Commencement ceremonies are the official graduation events for the university. Convocation ceremonies are celebrations of graduating College of Health Solutions students and their achievements. Learn more.
- Monday, Dec. 13, 2021
- Graduate Commencement: 9 a.m. MST (Arizona time) in Desert Financial Arena on the Tempe campus
- Undergraduate Commencement: 3 p.m. MST (Arizona time) in Desert Financial Arena on the Tempe campus
Thursday, Dec. 16, 2021, at 2 p.m. MST (Arizona time) in Desert Financial Arena on the Tempe campus.
No. Tickets are not required for this event.
Face coverings will be required inside of Desert Financial Area and are strongly recommended in crowded outdoor settings.
Graduates may remove their face covering while receiving a diploma and taking portrait photos with Grad Images. Signage will be placed to indicate when individuals may remove their face covering. Graduates will be greeted by the dean as they walk across the stage, however there will be no handshaking.
Registration and participation
Yes. Graduates will find the link to register for both ASU Commencement and the College of Health Solutions Convocation on My ASU.
Students should plan to participate in the Convocation ceremony that takes place the semester they graduate. If you are requesting an exception, please email CHSevents@asu.edu with an explanation for your request.
Yes. If you plan to graduate this fall you must apply for graduation and pay the graduation application filing fee, whether or not you intend to participate in a ceremony. Get more information on applying for graduation.
No. If your university academic requirements have been met, you will receive your diploma in the mail. Get more information on applying for graduation.
Graduates will receive their diploma covers at Convocation. If you do not plan to attend Convocation, please complete this form to have your diploma cover mailed to you after Convocation.
After graduation, diplomas will be mailed to the address on file with the university. Ensure that your mailing address is accurate to where you will be residing post-graduation on My ASU.
Yes, official ASU graduation attire is required for all ASU graduation ceremonies.
- Honor cords are for undergraduates who have earned at least 56 credit hours of resident credit at ASU. Your current GPA as verified at the time you request your honor cords will determine which cords you are given. For more information, visit the Graduation Ceremonies page.
- Pick up honor cords at any University Registrar Services location.
- ASU Online students: After you apply to graduate you will receive an email with additional information about honor cords and ceremonies.