The Biostatistics Core at the College of Health Solutions (CHS) is a collaborative research unit providing comprehensive statistical and data management support and consultation from the beginnings of research projects through to manuscript preparation. Our mission is to enhance research capabilities and address the critical biostatistical methodological and analytical needs of any research project in CHS, the university, and the community, by collaborating with faculty, research centers, and institutes in the following areas:
- Grant Proposal Support: assisting in study design and statistical planning, power analysis and sample size calculations specific for the proposed study, and analysis plan section written support.
- Data Management: designing and implementing electronic data capture tools (e.g. REDCap projects, Qualtrics surveys) in accordance with the study design while emphasizing data quality, as well as data cleaning to prepare previously collected data for data analyses.
- Publication/Abstract Development: conducting analyses to address research questions, providing interpretation of analysis results and developing data visualization for analyses, and performing data analyses for abstract submission and in preparation for presentations.
- Analysis Plan Development: preparing written sections related to statistical methods and analysis plans for a given protocol.
- Training/Workshops/Seminars: customizing and delivering training, workshops, and seminars on specific topics such as study design and statistical analyses, statistical software (e.g., SAS, SPSS, Mplus, R), data management (e.g., REDCap, Qualtrics), research methods, and data cleaning amongst other topics.