College of Health Solutions Convocation
Frequently asked questions
Ceremonies and celebrations
Commencement ceremonies are the official graduation events for the university. Convocation ceremonies are celebrations of graduating College of Health Solutions students and their achievements. Learn more.
Wednesday, May. 8, 2024, at 2 p.m. MST (AZ time) in Desert Financial Arena on the Tempe campus.
No. Tickets are not required for this event.
As of March 14, 2022, face coverings will not be required across ASU campuses, except in a few locations (e.g., in designated courses with select required activities, on intercampus shuttles and in healthcare settings). Anyone (faculty, staff, students and visitors) on an ASU campus location may choose to wear a face covering at any time.
Registration and participation
Yes. Graduates will find the link to register for both ASU Commencement and the College of Health Solutions Convocation on My ASU.
Yes. Please indicate your interest in participating and register for ceremonies in order to attend. See details and instructions on our Convocation homepage.
Students should plan to participate in the Convocation ceremony that takes place the semester they graduate. If you are requesting an exception, please email CHSevents@asu.edu with an explanation for your request. The College of Health Solutions needs to approve requests to attend ceremonies early.
Yes. If you plan to graduate this semester you must apply for graduation and pay the graduation application filing fee, whether or not you intend to participate in a ceremony. Get more information on applying for graduation.
No. If your university academic requirements have been met, you will receive your diploma in the mail. Get more information on applying for graduation.
- Graduates will receive their diploma covers at Convocation.
- After graduation, diplomas will be mailed to the address on file with the university. Ensure that your mailing address is accurate to where you will be residing post-graduation on My ASU.
No. Doctoral students are hooded at the Graduate Commencement ceremony. Registration for that event is separate and through My ASU.
Follow these steps to apply for graduation:
- Register for your final semester. Students apply for graduation for the semester in which they are completing their final courses.
- Check your degree requirements. All requirements must be completed prior to the degree conferral date.
- Verify your approved Plan of Study (iPOS) is correct and complete any needed course changes. Review graduation deadlines and procedures for additional information.
- Apply to graduate. From My ASU, select the Graduation tab from My Programs and follow the online instructions. A credit card is required to complete your application.
Master’s degree students may walk in the semester prior to their degree being completed. For example, students graduating in the summer semester typically walk in May as we do not offer ceremonies in August.
- Doctoral students may only walk when all degree requirements have been completed. If a doctoral student graduates in summer, they must wait to participate in the December ceremonies.
- All courses must be completed with a passing grade or a “Y”.
- All three iPOS GPA’s must be a 3.0 GPA or better to graduate from the program.
- Students must be enrolled in one credit or more in the term they are applying for graduation. For example, if a student is applying for summer graduation, they must be enrolled in at least one credit for the summer semester.
- Students must have an approved iPOS on file.
Yes, official ASU graduation attire is required for all ASU graduation ceremonies.
- Graduation regalia can be purchased online from Herff Jones or at the four ASU Campus Stores prior to Commencement.
- Regalia purchased from Herff Jones must be ordered by the deadline (to be determined). It will be available at a discount during the Online Grad Fair.
- Regalia can be purchased at any ASU Campus Store until graduation.
- Honor cords are for undergraduates who have earned at least 56 credit hours of resident credit at ASU. Your current GPA as verified at the time you request your honor cords will determine which cords you are given. For more information, visit the Graduation Ceremonies page.
- Pick up honor cords at any University Registrar Services location.
- ASU Online students: After you apply to graduate you will receive an email with additional information about honor cords and ceremonies.
- Disabled parking is available in Lot 58, which is approximately a two-minute walk to Desert Financial Arena.
- Golf carts are not available to transport guests from the parking lot to Desert Financial Arena for College of Health Solutions Convocation; however, security at the disabled lot will allow vehicles to pass to drop off guests directly next to Desert Financial Arena if you do not plan to park in disabled parking.
A small number of wheelchairs may be available for university ceremonies on a first come, first served basis for indoor use only; however, it is highly recommended to bring your own wheelchair or other mobility device to all university ceremonies.
Ramp access is available for both guests and students for both check in and seating at Desert Financial Arena.
- Guests who have a mobility impairment will be able to sit in reserved ADA seating in the interior concourse level of the arena with one companion. Disabled seating is a short walk from the main entry doors. No stairs need to be climbed to access this seating. While the seating is available on a first come, first served basis, the College of Health Solutions Convocation ceremony will have ample ADA seating for our guests based on the size of the ceremony.
- Graduates can share their needs for accessible seating with our team when they arrive to Desert Financial Arena after checking in. We will work with grads to ensure they have seating for their needs.
There will be live captioning on the monitors for this event.
ASL interpreters will be next to the stage during ceremonies.