Coming to college can be exciting, intimidating and confusing. We partner with ASU’s Student Success Center to provide all incoming first-year students, sophomores, and transfer students with the support and resources needed to be successful in their first year and beyond. Every incoming first-year student is assigned a First-Year Success Coach who offers personalized assistance with navigating campus resources and pursuing success in their first year. All Sophomores are automatically assigned a Sophomore Success Coach. Transfer students can be assigned a Transfer Success Coach by request.
The College of Health Solutions has a unique partnership with the ASU Student Success Center which connects all Success Coaches with our Student Support Specialists on a regular basis for the nuanced needs of students in our college.
Coaches play an integral role in encouraging social and academic participation by:
- Assisting students in establishing and sustaining relationships with faculty and staff.
- Encouraging students to ask for and feel comfortable receiving help.
- Helping students connect to academic resources, from tutoring and library use to one-on-one meetings with instructors, Health Solutions advisors and Health Solutions student support specialists.
- Facilitating the implementation of academic success strategies and refining time- and resource-management skills.
- Encouraging and supporting students in increased social involvement by attending events, joining student organizations and participating in study groups.
- Connecting students to resources that will link academic choice, career development and student extracurricular engagement during the college experience.
Students are encouraged to make an appointment with a coach today and get started on the road to success. Students can email email@example.com or call their mainline at 480-965-3289.