What is an academic advisor?
Your academic advisor is trained to know all of your degree requirements from beginning to end, and can assist in planning your courses in an appropriate sequence. You can direct most university-related questions to your advisor and they can guide you to available resources.
We highly recommend that you meet with your academic advisor at least once a semester to discuss any of the following:
- Course recommendations and degree requirements for each semester to keep you on track.
- Degree timeline and progress to ensure you will meet your graduation goals.
- Course progress concerns or questions.
- Options for studying abroad with your major.
- Degree progress concerns or questions.
- Finding the degree or program fit that suits your career goals.
- How to maximize your ASU resources, including Pre-Health Advising, Career and Professional Development Services, and Tutoring and Academic Support Services, to reach your overall goals.