2021 Integrated Health Care Conference
May 26, 2021 | Online
Population Health Management in the Time of COVID-19: The Pathway Ahead
Join colleagues, practitioners and health leaders online for the 2021 Integrated Health Care Conference, a one-day event on May 26, 2021 exploring the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on population health management.
Integrated health care has adapted and evolved during the COVID-19 pandemic, a global health disaster that has exposed and magnified health disparities and inequities in care quality for marginalized and high-risk populations.
Hear from leading integrated health care professionals during conference sessions on lessons learned during the pandemic and how providers and payers can work together to apply those lessons to improve population health and integrated care for diverse groups as we emerge from COVID-19.
The 2021 Integrated Health Care Conference is approved for up to 5 hours of continuing professional education credit through the ASU Office of Interprofessional Continuing Health Education for medicine, nursing, psychology, social work and interprofessional continuing education. Visit the Continuing Education page for more information about credits and requirements.
Conference Learning Objectives
- Identify examples of how the COVID-19 pandemic may have changed health care for the better.
- Identify population health management approaches that health care payers and providers can share to improve health outcomes.
- Describe population health strategies for COVID-19 vaccination tailored to disenfranchised, minority or rural communities, for obesity.
- Identify three interprofessional, team-based approaches to clinical learning during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Describe payer and provider collaboration to improve patient clinical, operational and financial outcomes.
- Describe three population-based approaches to improving patient health literacy.
- Identify three effects of COVID-19 vaccine strategies on population health.
- Describe three components to the prevention and management of obesity in primary care.
The 2021 Integrated Health Care Conference was organized by the College of Health Solutions. The planning committee includes representatives from different gender, racial, ethnic and age groups from a variety of disciplines.The composition of the committee is designed to reflect the broader Arizona community. The topic and speaker selections are also designed to address diversity in the integrated health care workforce and in approaches to diverse patient populations.