- Preventing COVID-19 from entering nursing homes via staff, visitors, and residents.
- Should the virus enter the nursing home, preventing greater spread amongst patients, staff, and visitors.
- Providing best-practice care and treatment for residents who test positive for COVID-19.
- Protecting staff from infection and ensuring best-practice safety measures to help staff build confidence in their work, feel safe from infection, and support staff retention.
- Ensuring that residents who are dying from COVID-19 can safely receive visitors.
About the Nursing Home ECHO
The Nursing Home COVID-19 Action Network (CAN) ECHO provides education to healthcare professionals and staff on the best ways to prevent, reduce the spread, and provide treatment to residents if they contract the COVID-19 virus. Education will be provided in ways to ensure the safety of the staff to support staff retention. If a resident is dying from COVID-19, knowledge and application of best practice care procedures ensures residents can safely receive visitors at that time.
Who should attend?
- Physician Assistants
- Registered Nurses
- Nurse Practitioners
- Certified Nursing Assistants
- Practice Managers
- Clinicians with leadership/management roles
Meet our team
- Greg Mayer, MD
- Kendie Tilden, ADON
- Misty Beaver, RN, C-NE
- Alison Reuter, PsyD
- Mark Heisler, PharmD
- Lindsey Cunningham, QI Specialist
Director, ASU ECHO
General ECHO Inquiries: