Graduate and undergraduate students in the College of Health Solutions may request grant funds to defray travel expenses for the purpose of disseminating their research findings. Students who request this funding are also expected to apply for other funding from available university resources, relevant professional organizations, and from their faculty mentor.
Download Grant Submission Procedures
- The student must be listed as a presenting author on either a conference poster or presentation (co-author with faculty is acceptable). Proof of conference acceptance will need to be provided.
- Request for forms must be submitted at least one month before travel. Funds will not be approved after travel.
There will be a limited amount of funding available for each cycle, so it is recommended that students apply as soon as possible.
Maximum Travel Grant Amounts
- Undergraduate students: $500
- Master's and professional doctorate students: $500
- PhD students: $700
- Request and submit the CHS Student Travel Form
Students are required to provide the ASUrite email address for their faculty mentor or degree coordinator when submitting form.
CHS Undergraduate student travel form
CHS Graduate student travel form
- Form routed for approvals
After you submit the form, it will be automatically routed for the following approvals:
- Program level approval: Your faculty mentor or program coordinator
- Funding approval: Assistant Dean of Graduate or Undergraduate Education
- Final College-level approval: Associate Dean of Academic Success
- Receive approval notification
The student will be notified when the grant was approved.
- Input travel information into Concur
When you are notified of a travel grant award, input your travel in ASU's Concur travel system (My ASU Trip). If you need assistance with Concur, contact Angela Smith at Angela.L.Smith@asu.edu.