Zilveti Family Fellowship
The Zilveti Family Fellowship is a permanent endowment for the speech and hearing science program area at the College of Health Solutions. Funding for this scholarship is made possible by annual earnings of the Arizona State University Foundation account and by memorial gifts.
Carlos, known as C.J., and Mary Zilveti established this fellowship in honor of C.J.'s mother, Halina. Halina was a speech therapist with a school district in Woodbridge, Conn., for 30 years. C.J. Zilveti admired the important work that his mother did and the impact that it had in the lives of the children she worked with.
The Zilveti's hope the fellowship will encourage and assist students at ASU who demonstrate a similar passion for assisting others through the field of speech and hearing science.
About the award
The award provides financial assistance to help defray tuition expenses. Award winners must be entering their second year of the Master of Science program with a specialization in speech-language pathology. The recipient of this award will be selected in the spring.
The Zilveti fellowship is available to full-time, regularly admitted students entering the second year of the program. Selection is based on Arizona residency, academic scholarship and career interest. Financial circumstances are also considered.
Please submit your electronic application as a single attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. The applicant needs to submit:
- The SHS award application form
- Resume (1-2 pages)
- Unofficial transcripts
- A brief biography (1-2 pages) addressing the following questions:
- Why do you want to be a speech-language pathologist or audiologist?
- What are your goals?
- Please include information about special financial needs or disabilities in your biography.
- Three letters of recommendation. At least one letter should be from a university faculty member. It is recommended that you also have a letter from a certified speech-language pathologist or audiologist. The referee will send their letter directly to email@example.com. The referee only needs to write one letter even if you are applying to several scholarships.
Save the application (excluding letters of recommendation) in a single document with the file name LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_NameOfScholarship (i.e. SMITH_JANE_Miller Quintana Moline 2015).
Applications are due no later than Feb. 1. We may encourage strong admission candidates to apply after this deadline. All application materials should be submitted electronically. Paper submissions are not acceptable.
Finalists will be chosen by the awards committee no later than 30 days prior to the award announcement. The committee will then give recommendations for the final selection. The award will be announced as part of an annual awards ceremony in April. Recipients and donors will be encouraged to attend this event.