The College of Health Solutions encompasses a number of diverse and rigorous academic programs emphasizing health and health care. A built-in network of CHS support includes academic advising, engagement activities and inter-professional collaborations, college and university-wide.
By offering a multitude of high-impact student experiences such as living and learning communities, service-learning, first-year seminars, and undergraduate research, CHS collaborates with the community, breaking down barriers to graduation by creating successful, engaged learners who each have an opportunity to actively participate and grow academically, personally, and pre-professionally.
Engaging students inside the classroom and out, on- and off-campus, College of Health Solutions faculty and staff strive for student achievement beyond a degree program. The College houses dedicated academic staff support across the lifespan of the student: before they step foot into a classroom and well after they leave the stage at convocation. Engagement activities encourage interprofessional collaboration between and among students across the university and a global alumni network.
- Academic advising for all undergraduate majors, with multiple pathways to ensure student success
- Dedicated advising for pre-medical and pre-health careers
- Undergraduate internship and research opportunities
- College of Health Solutions Peer Coaches
- Interprofessional student-run health care clinic (in development)
- Participation in Barrett, The Honors College
- Residential communities on the Downtown and Tempe campuses
- Faculty mentors for residential communities