Punam Ohri-Vachaspati is a professor of nutrition and leads the ASU Food Environment and Policy research group. In 2017, she completed the RWJF Health Policy Fellowship working in Senator Gillibrand’s office in Washington DC. Her research interests center on public health nutrition, including:
- Social-ecological determinants of obesity
- Role of environments and policies in influencing consumption behaviors and health outcomes
- Determinants of food access among disadvantaged populations
- Aassessment of federal nutrition assistance programs and policies
- Assessment of food and physical activity environments
- Study of nutrition interventions in schools and community settings.