Barbara Ainsworth, PhD, MPH, FACSM, FNAK
- MPH - University of Minnesota, MN, 1989
Specialization in Epidemiology
- PhD - University of Minnesota, MN, 1987
Specialization in Exercise Physiology
- MA - University of Minnesota, MN, 1975
Specialization in Education
- BA - Fresno State University, CA, 1974
Specialization in Physical Education
- Ainsworth BE, Watson KB, Ridley K, Pfeiffer KA, Hermann SD, Crouter SE, McMurray RG, Butte NF, Bassett DR Jr, Trost SG, Berrigan D, Fulton JE. Utility of the Youth Compendium of Physical Activities. Res Q Exerc Sport 2018:89(3):273-281.Flórez-Pregonero A, Fulton JE, Dorn JM,
- Ainsworth BE. Feasibility of using pedometers in a state-based surveillance system: 2014 Arizona Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System. J Sport Health Sci. 2018;7(1):34-41
- Riviere F, Aubert S, Omorou AY, Ainsworth BE, Vuillemin A. Taxonomy-based content analysis of sedentary behavior questionnaires: A systematic review. PLoS One. 2018; 13(3):e0193812. Doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0193812. eCollection 2018.
- Ainsworth BE, Buchholz S. Measuring physical activity in clinical practice and for scholarly work. Journal of Nurse Practitioner, supplement. 2017;13(1):14-20e2
- Fulton J, Carlson SA, Ainsworth BE, Berrigan D, Carlson C, Dorn JM, Health GW, Kohl HW III, Lee I-M, Lee SM, Mâsse LC, Morrow JR Jr., Gabriel KP, Pivarnik JM, Pronk NP, Rodger AB, Saelens BE, Sallis JF, Troiano RP, Tudor-Locke C, Wendel A. CDC / ACSM Roundtable Statement: Strategic Priorities for Physical Activity Surveillance in the United States. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2016;48(10):2057-2069.
Assessment of physical activity, physical activity and public health, physical activity in women.
Current/Recent Grants and Projects
- PI for Feasibility of using Pedoemters in the Arizona BRFSS Surveillance System
- Co-Investigator for Madres para la Salud (Mothers for Health). C. Keller (PI).
- President (2012) and Honor Award Recipient (2018), American College of Sports Medicine
- McCloy Lecturer, SHAPE American (2017)
- Lifetime Achievement Award, President’s Council on Fitness, Sports, & Nutrition, 2015
- Univ. of MN Duluth College of Education Distinguished Alumni Award, 2015
- Univ. of MN Twin Cities College of Education Top 100 Graduates from 1906-2006