Glenn A. Gaesser, PhD
Director, Healthy Lifestyles Research Center
- PhD - University of California, Berkeley, 1978
- MA - University of California, Berkeley, 1975
- AB - University of California, Berkeley, 1972
- Gaesser GA, Blair SN. The health risks of obesity have been exaggerated. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2019;51:218-221.
- Zeigler ZS, Swan PD, Buman MP, Mookadam F, Gaesser GA, Angadi SS. Postexercise hemodynamic responses in lean and obese men. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2018;50:2292-2300.
- Gaesser GA, Tucker WJ, Sawyer BJ, Bhammar DM, Angadi SS. Cycling efficiency and energy cost of walking in young and older adults. J Appl Physiol (1985) 2018;124:414-420.
- Tucker WJ, Sawyer BJ, Jarrett CL, Bhammar DM, Ryder JR, Angadi SS, Gaesser GA. High-intensity interval exercise attenuates but does not eliminate endothelial dysfunction after a fast food meal. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 2018;314:H188
- Bhammar DM, Sawyer BJ, Tucker WJ, Gaesser GA. Breaks in sitting time: effects on continuously monitored glucose and blood pressure. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2017;49:2119-2130.
- Angadi SS, Jarrett CL, Sherif M, Gaesser GA, Mookadam F. The effect of exercise training on biventricular myocardial strain in heart failure with preserved ejection fraction. ESC Heart Failure 2017;4:356-359.
- Mullane SL, Buman MP, Zeigler ZS, Crespo NC, Gaesser GA. Acute effects on cognitive performance following bouts of standing and light-intensity physical activity in a simulated workplace environment. J Sci Med Sport 2017;20:489-493.
- Crespo NC, Mullane SL, Zeigler ZS, Buman MP, Gaesser GA. Effects of standing and light-intensity walking and cycling on 24-h glucose. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2016; 12:2503-2511.
- Sawyer BJ, Tucker WJ, Bhammar DM, Ryder JR, Sweazea KL, Gaesser GA. Effects of high-intensity interval training and moderate-intensity continuous training on endothelial function and cardiometabolic risk markers in obese adults. J Appl Physiol 2016;121:279-288
- Bhammar DM, Sawyer BJ, Tucker WJ, Lee JM, Gaesser GA. Validity of SenseWear� armband v5.2 and v2.2 for estimating energy expenditure. J Sports Sci 2016;34:1830-1838.
- Tucker WJ, Angadi SS, Gaesser GA. Excess postexercise oxygen consumption after high-intensity and sprint interval exercise, and continuous steady-state exercise. J Strength Cond Res 2016;30:3090-3097.
- Zeigler ZS, Mullane S, Crespo NC, Buman MP, Gaesser GA. Effects of standing and light-intensity activity on ambulatory blood pressure. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2016;48(2):175-181.
- Saint-Maurice PF, Kim Y, Welk GJ, Gaesser GA. Kids are not little adults: what MET threshold captures sedentary behavior in children? Eur J Appl Physiol 2016;116(1):29-38.
- Lee, JM, Kim YW, Gaesser GA, Welk G Validation of the SenseWear Mini Armband in Children during Semi-Structured Activity Settings. J Sci Med Sport 2016;19(1):41-45.
- Kim Y, Crouter SE, Lee JM, Dixon PM, Gaesser GA, Welk GJ. Comparisons of prediction equations for estimating energy expenditure in youth. J Sci Med Sport 2016;19(1):35-40.
- Angadi SS, Mookadam F, Lee CD, Tucker WJ, Haykowsky M, Gaesser GA. High-intensity interval training vs. moderate-intensity continuous exercise training in heart failure with preserved ejection fraction: A pilot study. J Appl Physiol 2015;119(6):753-758.
- Angadi SS, Bhammar DM, Gaesser GA. Postexercise hypotension after continuous, aerobic interval, and sprint interval exercise. J Strength Cond Res 2015;29(10):2888-2893.
- Gaesser GA, Tucker WJ, Jarrett CL, Angadi SS. Fitness versus fatness: which influences health and mortality risk the most? Curr Sports Med Rep 2015;14(4):327-332.
Link to Google Scholar profile