Leadership Academy: Professional Development Certificate in Leadership for Advanced Practice Professionals
This program has been postponed until further notice.
Earn your Certificate in Leadership for Advanced Practice Professionals through our Leadership Academy, a professional development program brought to you by Arizona State University's College of Health Solutions. You will learn how to become a more effective leader in your organization with the 36-credit certificate program that includes a virtual four-week intensive, follow-up coaching meetings and personal leadership project. You will emerge with key personal and organizational strategies that prepare you to successfully lead change in your workplace.
The program includes a 21.5-credit personal leadership project with mentorship by ASU faculty that helps you implement the leadership skills that you developed in the academy and directly apply them to a leadership challenge or project in your workplace. Examples of PLP topics include quality improvement initiatives, system-based challenges or development of an educational intervention. Completion of the PLP includes a written workbook and a presentation to the cohort on the project development and findings.
31 AAPA Category 1 CME credits
- Four-week intensive: “Developing executive presence to create long-lasting change” (8 hours of Category 1 continuing medical education credit).
- Follow-up session: “Driving and managing change for yourself and others.”
- Coaching circles and peer mentoring (1.5 hours of Category 1 CME).
- Personal leadership project and final presentation (21.5 hours Category 1 CME).
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Recognize and implement key strategies to lead during crisis and uncertainty.
- Adopt a growth vs. fixed mindset to successfully lead in the complex health care environment.
- Apply key skills and tools of high-performance teamwork in order to lead within your organization.
- Develop techniques to improve influence within your organization to create and lead change.
- Create an executive presence by incorporating specific skills and tools based on the Amy Cuddy model.
- Identify a key leadership challenge and work with colleagues to develop a structured approach to successfully completing a leadership project.
- Apply a framework for driving and managing change for personal and organizational change.
Learn More and Contact Us
For more details about the Professional Development Certificate in Leadership and the PLP, review the program syllabus.
Scholarship opportunities are available. Learn more about the scholarship requirements and apply by December 1, 2020.
Contact us with any questions by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: This program is not yet approved for CME credit. Organizers will be requesting AAPA Category 1 CME credits from the AAPA Review Panel. The total number of approved credits is yet to be determined.