Sign In / Sign Out
Navigation for Entire University
- ASU Home
- My ASU
- Colleges and Schools
- Map and Locations
Ed.D. Higher and Adult Education, Arizona State University, Tempe AZ, May 1992
M.Ed. English and Secondary Education, The University of Arizona, Tucson AZ, December 1974
B.A. in Education, English and History, with Distinction, The University of Arizona, Tucson AZ, June 1966
General Studies, Grand Canyon University, Phoenix AZ, 1961-63
Independent Consultant DBElliott and Associates, LLC (2004 to Present). Serving a variety of clients, including an insurance broker, a capital equipment manufacturer, a pharmaceutical company, an Arizona Education department and various executives. Teaching courses and serving as coach for Executive MBA students at Arizona State University as an adjunct professor (2006-Present)
• Assisting a former CEO in landing his next executive assignment.
• Design and evaluate student results in on-line modules on Conflict Management and Dealing with Failure for an accelerated evening MBA series on leadership (currently).
• Co-designed and providing services in coaching students in the Executive MBA program at the W. P. Carey School of Business, Arizona State University (currently).
• Assisted a “lean” consulting organization in serving the needs of an insurance company, adjusting their commercial business processes and redesigning their leadership approaches.
• Finalized a global process for succession management, including creating competencies, assessing incumbents and potentials, institutionalizing development planning processes, creating and installing development activities and establishing metrics to assess effectiveness.
• Provided consulting to a pharmaceutical company’s line and staff management in improving performance conversations and managing a multicultural workforce.
Academic Positions Held
Associate Faculty, Arizona State University
• Taught Organizational Behavior, a 3 credit required course in the accelerated MBA Evening Program, 2002-2003 and 2009.
• Designed and taught Emotional Intelligence: The Leadership Edge, 3 credit elective course for second year students. Provided the course two times in the MBA Evening Program, 2002-2003 and again in 2008.
• Recruited to teach Intercultural Influences on Organizational Behavior, 3 credit elective class for seniors in international business and/or management, 2006.
• Recruited to teach 2 sections of Performance Management, 3 credit course for seniors in Management, Spring 2008.
Richardson, Richard C., Jr. and Diana B. Elliott, M.Ed., "Improving Opportunities for Underprepared Students" in O'Banion, Terry. Teaching and Learning in the Community College, Spring 1994.
"The Faculty's Role in Helping the Home Study Student" in NHSC News, Fall 1991
"Community College Faculty Behaviors Impacting Student Success: A Qualitative Study," Higher Education Abstracts, 1991
"Community College Faculty Behaviors Impacting Student Success: A Qualitative Study." ERIC Clearinghouse for Junior Colleges, 1991
"Community College Faculty Behavior Impacting Transfer Student Success: A Qualitative Study." A paper presented to annual conference of the American Educational Research Association. San Francisco, March 1989.