In order to participate in the convocation ceremony, we require all graduates to RSVP for the ceremony. There is no cost to RSVP and it takes less than 10 minutes to complete. Even if you do not plan on attending, we strongly encourage that you submit your RSVP in case you change your mind later in the semester. The deadline to RSVP will be announced in late January.
How to RSVP for Convocation
- Visit your My ASU page and click on the Graduation in the upper right-hand corner.
- If you have not already, make sure to Apply to Graduate by February 15, 2018. The fee is $50 to file your application with the Registrar’s Office.
- If you do not apply to graduate, you will not see the RSVP option.
- Submitting your application to graduate is not the same as submitting your RSVP. You must complete both.
- After your graduation application is submitted, in late February or early March, MarchingOrder, the convocation RSVP website will open up and will appear in your My ASU.
- Please note, you will not receive a confirmation of your graduation application.
- Visit the MarchingOrder website and fill out all the appropriate information. Do not worry, estimates are okay. Make sure to click the submit button at the bottom.
- You will receive a confirmation email for your convocation RSVP once it is complete.
- If you believe you are not going to successfully pass a class, that is okay. You will still be able to walk in the ceremony. Please contact your academic advisor at CHS@asu.edu for next steps on reapplying to graduate.
Once you have completed your application for graduation and your RSVP for convocation you have four things you need to do.
- Purchase your cap and gown. All students must wear a maroon cap and gown. You can visit the Herff Jones website to purchase them online or you can visit any ASU Bookstore during the Grad Fair to get your items for a discount.
- If you are a student graduating with honors, you can pick up your honor cords from the Registrar’s office.
- Invite your family and guests to the ceremony. Make sure your guests know the correct date and time. Tickets are not required for our ceremony.
- Continuously check your ASU email for information that comes from CHSConvocation@asu.edu.
- Finish your semester strong!
Day of Ceremony
- Check-in for the ceremony will begin at 5:30 PM in the Desert Arboretum.
- Doors to the arena will open at 6:00 PM. All graduates must be seated by 6:50 PM. Any student arriving after that will be held in the tunnel until the ceremony has started.
- All students must have an ASU ID or Government Issued ID to access the arena. Only students who have their ID and Name Reader Card will be allowed into the tunnel. No parents or guests are allowed.
- Students will be seated by their academic program and you can find the section that matches the color of your Name Reader Card.
View more information about accessibility and disability options at ASU ceremonies.